Wednesday, September 29, 2010

The Art of Giving Flowers

So...you want to give your wife, your girlfriend, your friend with benefits, a girl your dating or just a special someone flowers.  Here is a quick guide on how to do it right and like a gentleman.

First, don't get caught up in the belief that giving flowers to a woman sends an automatic message of love or "creeper" status (although if not given correctly, it could send one of these messages, so see instructions below to avoid this and make sure the message you want received is given).

Second, the giving of flowers to a girl of interest is a lost art amongst millions of todays' eligible bachelors, although it should have never been lost in the first place!

Third, know what each flower means if given to a woman (see list below).

Fourth, believe in yourself enough to give flowers to someone of interest confidently and with true emotion.

Fifth, have fun with this and know that if done right, it will only secure you positive points, hopefully leading to the successful courting of the woman you are chasing!

LIST OF FLOWERS & THEIR MEANINGS

  • Ambrosia - Your love is reciprocated
  • Baby's Breath - Our love is innocent
  • Camellia, pink - I long for you
  • Camellia, red - You're a flame in my heart
  • Camellia, white - You're adorable
  • Carnation, pink - I will never forget you
  • Carnation, red - My heart aches for you
  • Carnation, white - My love is pure
  • Chrysanthemum, red - I love you
  • Daffodil - Your feelings are unrequited
  • Daisy - Love conquers all
  • Forget-me-not - Remember me forever
  • Forsythia - I can't wait to see you again
  • Geranium - I messed up
  • Gloxinia - It was love at first sight
  • Hyacinth, purple - I am sorry, please forgive me
  • Lilac, mauve - Do you still love me?
  • Lilac, white - You are my first love
  • Lily, calla - You are beautiful
  • Primrose - I can't live without you
  • Rose, orange - I think about you all the time
  • Rose, pink - Please believe me
  • Rose, red - I am passionately in love with you
  • Rose, red and white together - We're united in our love for each other
  • Rose, white - You're heavenly
  • Rose, yellow - Can we be friends?
  • Sweet Pea, I have to go; good bye
  • Tulip, red - I've fallen in love with you
  • Tulip, yellow - There's sunshine in your smile
  • Violet, blue - I will always be faithful
  • Violet, white - Let's take a chance
WHEN TO GIVE FLOWERS

So you now know that you should give flowers to women and also what the different flowers meanings are if given.  Now what? Well go out and be proactive in finding yourself a beautiful girl to give them to.  Here are a few suggestions on appropriate times to give flowers to a woman:

  • Her Birthday - it's the day she was born, if she truly is special to you, this is a day you give thanks she was born
  • Your Anniversary - any anniversary you have with your wife, girlfriend or special someone is a perfect time to let her know that you remember everything you've done together since day one
  • Valentine's Day - As cheesy as the media makes it out to be, this is a day set apart for lovers, show her how you really feel about her
  • New Baby/Mother's Day - both occasions call for a present, be it she bore your child or she gave birth to you, these women are the most special
  • Saying I'm Sorry - we as the male gender mess up a lot, don't mess up even more by not doing the right thing, buy her flowers and show her that her forgiveness is extremely important to you
  • A Special Date - the night you first kiss her, your first date, proposing to her, there are multiple "special dates" and flowers only assist in your efforts to show your affection for her
  • Surprise Her - find a girl who doesn't like receiving flowers from a man and I'll show you a single girl for life
ONE LAST THING

Go out and start bringing back this classy and gentleman like art of giving flowers to those special women in our lives!

1 comment: