Friday, September 17, 2010

Valley Parties

LOVE to dance and LOVE great music with a solid beat.  That is one thing I enjoy most about the valley, there always seems to be some kind of house party going on in the Falls and Winters.  When I first got here, I would go to these parties or dances and just get down til the cops came or the music stopped.  But since those days I have realized one thing, most valley parties SUCK.

They suck because usually the person throwing the party either spends too much money for a "legit" DJ who is terrible or they spend no time planning it, both these make for a lame party.  

I went to a party the other night and the people throwing the party had their iPod hooked up to an iHome speaker system and called it a "dance party".  Needless to say it sucked, the music was softer then my voice and the music selection was garbage.  And about a month ago I went to another party and there was a DJ with a ton of lights, huge speakers, and his turn table all set up.  Visually it was amazing, but man his music was again garbage and he had no MC capabilities at all (aka a white guy trying to pump up the crowd and says, "are you happy to be hear!!??", in an almost Mr. Rogers-esk voice)!

These two experiences and many more just like them have caused a previously found desire of mine to be DJ grow even more.  I mean, not only do I bring street cred to the table by being brown and not from the hills, but also I have a great taste in music and also if you know me at all, once on the mic, I'll pump it up like Austin Powers.  Now mind you, I am not a professional DJ and probably never will be, but it you want to throw a sick party, all you need is legit music bumping hard through Peavey speakers.  Now the cherry on top would be a solid looking DJ with some confident MC skills and bam, your party just became legit and mass text worthy.

So next time you're planning a house party or a dance, put some effort into it and either find someone like me who has great taste in music and a solid MC or you better provide a sick playlist pounding through some monster speakers that'll keep the bodies moving and wanting more til the very end!

One More Thing...

If you're wondering what a sick playlist consists of, just listen to the song and if your hips start moving and your start dropping it like its hott, you got yourself a song for your playlist!

No comments:

Post a Comment